Bridget

Bridget Reilly, Former Editor in Chief

Heya! My name starts with Bridget and ends in Reilly. I moved to Wichita Falls five years ago from New South Wales, Australia. In December 2020 I will graduate with a Bachelor of Science in sociology with a minor in criminal justice. Why the paper if this is my major? 'Cause the nerds at The Wichitan are actually the most encouraging and inspiring folks on this campus. One time in high school, my father got into it with a teacher because she said my writing skills were subpar, and while I loved his spirit, it was true; I couldn't write. So, fast forward six years, and I guess they've hired me to run the show at the student organization I've called home for the past four-and-a-half years. Not so subpar now, are we?

The Wichitan has watered me since a wee chap, and I am grateful to have learned and gained experience from seven editors. Starting off as a baby photographer in 2016 and being given the reins in 2020 is a step I never thought I had. As Chief Editor, I feel it is my responsibility to tell you, I am bloody nervous to do this, and I'm sure they've made a mistake, but we're gonna just roll with it.

This fall semester senior staff roster is deep and mightily talented. We will provide you with accurate and fair news, feature pieces on our students, staff and faculty, and keep the streak running with fun activities and comics that'll give you a good giggle.

With all that said, happy reading, and we hope you come back!

P.S. I will forever and always stand by the Oxford comma.

@Bridgetreilly11

@b.e.scenes

All content by Bridget Reilly

Active Shooter Protocol

Bridget Reilly, Editor in Chief
June 2, 2020
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Bridget Reilly