Admissions Office to host Mustangs Rally

Carli Woolsey

More stories from Carli Woolsey

Mustang Rally

Makayla Burnham

Prospective students and their families and guests go around to visit different student organization booths and get the food provided by Chartwells at Mustangs Rally held in the D.L. Ligon Coliseum March 4, 2017. Photo by Makayla Burnham

Members of the Admissions Office are hosting Mustangs Rally to give prospective students a chance to experience college life by touring the campus and meeting with faculty, students and coaches. The event will be held in D.L. Ligon Coliseum Nov. 3 at 9 a.m.

Gayonne Beavers, director of admissions, said, “The event lets prospective students really get a feel for the culture here, so they can see what college would be like if they were to attend MSU.”

The students will have the chance to learn about the different housing facilities and majors offered on campus while being surrounded by students with the same interests.

“I get excited about this event every year, but I get most excited to see our attendance numbers to see how we have done,” Beavers said.

The attendance totals increased between the last two Mustangs Rally events. The fall total attendance in 2017 for Mustangs Rally was 678, and the spring total attendance in 2018 was 750.

Beavers said, “The event is on track to exceed 700 students in attendance, but there is a chance even more students will come after getting the word out to prospective students in Fort Worth.”

Students, faculty and coaches will be setting up tables to help inform the prospective students of the variety of options they will have as a freshmen or transfer students.

“There is a lot of hard work and moving parts that go into making this a good and strong event for the university,” Beavers said.

Prospective students will also have the chance to talk to the Admissions Office, Financial Aid Office and alumni.

Ashley Turner, political science freshman, said, “I am very excited to be able to help with the event this year. It gives me an opportunity to share my thoughts with potential students and help answer any of the questions they might have about my experience as a freshman so far.”

There will be a free hamburger lunch provided by Kiowa Kooks so students can gather together with each other and their families.

“Prospective students can look forward to an exciting event that will make them feel welcomed at MSU,” Beavers said.

Students and their families will have multiple chances to experience MSU and interact with the people that serve the university.

Daylan Inkman, radiology freshman, said, “I wish I could have gone to Mustangs Rally when I was looking into coming to MSU. It seems like a great way to get to know potential faculty and friends that I could make at college.”

Schedule of Events

• 9:00 – 9:30 am — Check In at D.L. Ligon Coliseum
  • 9:30 – 9:45 am — Welcome at D.L. Ligon Coliseum
  • 9:45 – 10:00 am — Groups Depart for Campus Tours at D.L. Ligon Coliseum
  • 10:00 – 11:00 am — Campus Tours Departing from D. L. Ligon Coliseum; Ending at Academic Visit Locations
  • 11:00 am – 12:00 pm — Academic Departmental Visits
  • 12:00 – 1:00 pm — Campus Assembly and Complimentary Lunch at D.L. Ligon Coliseum
  • 12:45 – 1:15 pm — Optional Financial Aid Session at D.L. Ligon 223
  • Starting at 12:30 pm — Optional Housing Tours at D.L. Ligon Ticket Booth