Filed under Sports

Commerce defeat volleyball 3-0

Kristin Silva
Raven Presley, engineering sophomore, attacks the set for a kill versus Texas A&M University- Commerce Oct. 9 in Ligon Coliseum. Photo by Kristin Silva

Texas A&M University Commerce volleyball defeat mustang volleyball 3-0 with set one scored at 15-25, set two scored at 23-25, and set three scored at 22-25.

Tiara Wilson, exercise physiology sophomore, said the team could improve in its quickness to side-out when on defense and in coverage of hitters.

“We needed to be quicker in stopping their [Commerce] runs,” Wilson said. “Commerce is a really good team and I’m just proud of how we competed against them. We can improve on finding the court with our shots and finding spots that are open. We knew where the shots were, we just needed to execute better.”

Valerie Armstrong, head coach, said the team is young and it is improving each day, match by match. She said cleaning up errors will help the team win.

“Commerce is ranked 22 in the country for a reason,” Armstrong said. “They have good discipline on their end and that’s the difference. Discipline and being in the right spot are key to this game. Overall execution and being more consistent with everything will help us, then we’re good. We’ll get there.”

Tracy Glawe, spectator and father of setter Sarah Glawe, said the team fought hard for its points and didn’t give up.

About the Contributors
Nathan Martinez, Photographer/Reporter

I’m a mass communication sophomore from Fort Worth, Texas. I studied at Tarrant County College before attending Midwestern State University. My hobbies include playing video games, making jazz music, studying journalism and collecting records. I also likes get involved on campus and to help out as much as possible.

Kristin Silva, Co-editor

Editor, reporter, photographer.

From: Forney, TX

Lives in: Wichita Falls, TX

Studied at: University of the Southwest (2015-2016)

Studies at: Midwestern State University

Birthday: 3/26/1997

Favorite Quote: “I am the most perfect me there will ever be.”