The Wichitan

Fred Dietz hired as vice president for enrollment management

Fred Dietz, candidate for vice president of enrollment management, speaks at the forum interview for the VP position on April 13, 2018 in Dillard 101. Photo by Rachel Johnson

Tyler Manning, Editor

April 18, 2018

The search for the vice president of enrollment management is over as Suzanne Shipley, university president, announced in a postmaster email on April 19 that the search committee chose Fred Dietz out of more than 40 candidates to fill the position, effective July 1. Shipley said in the email, "I know the...

Committee formed to discuss seminar for first-year students

John Gardner, consultant, has dinner Feb. 16 in the Kiowa Ex-Students Room with members of the First-Year Experience Task Force at the end of his day of holding workshops to address retention.   Photo by Rachel Johnson

Matt Jobe

March 31, 2015

In an effort to bolster first year retention, student affairs and academic affairs came together to form a committee charged with creating a three-hour-credit seminar for first-year students. Robert Clark, vice president of administration and institutional effectiveness, will chair the task force...

Consultant looks to improve student retention

Ethan Metcalf

February 17, 2015

Consultant looks to improve student retention from MWSU Campus Watch on Vimeo. Nine years ago, university administrators created a plan to boost first-year retention rates, and last Monday administrators brought John Gardner, president of the John N. Gardner Institute for Excellence in Undergraduate Education, to show just how much of...

Retention rate typically just above national average

Naomi Skinner

January 20, 2015

Enrollment Retention Rate from MWSU Campus Watch on Vimeo. MSU has a yearly fall-to-fall retention rate of 72 percent. As for the other 28 percent, Keith Lamb, vice president of enrollment management, multiple factors prevent them from returning to the university. "The main reason that students don't return, it...

The Student News Site of Midwestern State University