A day in the life of Issac Nunez

On a path to change lives

Issac Nunez, marketing junior,  presents his final exam to his Foundations of Business class April 25.

Issac Nunez, marketing junior, presents his final exam to his Foundations of Business class April 25.

Balancing school, work and a prosperous social life can be a difficult task for many, but Issac Nunez has got it down pact.

Students on campus may know Issac from being one-third of the party promoting team “III Kings,” but he is much more than a party thrower. Nunez is a first-generation student and marketing junior from McKinney, Texas, striving to make a positive change in people’s lives.

Nunez said he chose Midwestern State to make strides toward achieving his ultimate goal of becoming a chief marketing officer.

“I’m glad that I came to MSU because if I didn’t I wouldn’t have met the people that I met, I wouldn’t have the friends that I have, and I wouldn’t have the job that I have,” said Nunez.

Nunez works as an intern at the Wichita Falls Multi-Purpose Events Center where he makes outlines on budgets, calls vendors and manages social media.

“He has always shown dedication to his work and school work. When he sets his mind on something or says that he has got something planned, I have noticed that he does it in a timely manner and does what he can to reach his goal,” said Marvin Castillo, criminal justice junior.

After debating the idea of majoring in dental hygiene and business, Nunez switched his major four times before he finally decided marketing was the right path for him.

“What really got me into the marketing was throwing the parties on campus. I had to find out what type of venues I had to find, what people liked, what type of DJ, what type of contracts I need and just make sure everything goes right,” said Nunez.

Despite being a full-time student and maintaining his internship, Nunez still finds a way to be involved on campus. He is a member of Omega Delta Phi and he will be serving as the president of Organization of Hispanic Students in the next academic year.

Nunez said his goal for OHS is to be more diverse and he would like to develop a scholarship while he is in his role as president.

“I wanted to make a change in people’s lives,” said Nunez. “When I was growing up I didn’t really have much. I was on the angel tree,  with me giving back to the community it’s helping me kind of repay back that time when I was on the angel tree.”

“It has been a lot of ups and downs that I’ve experienced in this school, but if it wasn’t for the low times, I wouldn’t be the person who I am,” Nunez said.