Dining services offer 7 locations to eat on campus

Taking the time to plan grocery shopping, meal prep, and cooking time into an already full schedule can become quite a chore. Eating on campus can alleviate stress and provide an alternative option to home-cooked meals.

Dining services provides seven different locations to make dining on campus options efficient and affordable. Students have three different meal plan options – Platinum, Gold and Silver. Residence Life and Housing policies require all students living in the residence halls (Killingsworth, Pierce, McCullough-Trigg and Legacy Hall). Each plan provides a different amount of meals swipes per-week with an additional balance of “Flex Dollars.” Flex Dollars act as a gift card that have a specific amount of preloaded money that can be used throughout the semester.

Kristi Schulte, director of residence life and housing, said before choosing a meal plan, students should consider their dietary preferences

“What I tell students is to consider how they will use their meal plan and to begin to think about when they will be on campus and what are their current eating habits,” Schulte said.

Between classes, jobs and extracurricular activities, college life can become too much to handle. Schulte said the one of the benefits to on campus dining is the convenience factor.

“Students generally tend to be busy,” Schulte said. “With that the convenience of having dining on campus is that you can go in and grab anything that you need to eat and we’ll do the dishes.”

To help inform students on everything from whats being served to a caloric breakdown, students can visit the Dine on Campus portion of the school’s website. The website is updated each morning to have the proper information for the day’s dining.

Dining services provide several different restaurants on campus, each offering its own unique menu options. Schulte said the best way to stay satisfied with on campus dining is to have an open mind to new foods.

“Be okay with trying new things,” Schulte said. “Sometimes students get bored with dining because they’re going to the same concepts and eating the same things every day.”

Mesquite Dining Hall
Mesquite Dining Hall

Mesquite Dining (Cafeteria)

“I really enjoy eating at the dining hall because they have a variety of foods. I especially like to eat there after practice because the food is all you can eat.” – Steven Rogers business management graduate student

The Mesquite Dining Hall is the largest dining center on campus, with all-you-can-eat food every day. The Mesquite Dining Hall has a pizza station, salad bar, grill station, deli, soup station, and comfort food station each day. Some items such as hamburgers and pizza appear every day while others rotate throughout the semester. Meal swipes can be used here throughout the day.

Maverick’s Corner

Maverick's Corner
Maverick’s Corner

“I’ve been eating at Mav’s since it opened. I eat in Mav’s because it has a lot different food options. I like that the food is made to order, and I can always switch up what I get to eat. Plus, I like how the environment is very chill, and they offer TV and music.” – Michaelann Greenfield, pre-med, biology, Spanish junior

Maverick’s Corner unlike other dining places on campus, provides a modern, sit-down alternative where the menu is diverse, and all food is made to order. Students select items from a menu ranging from Caesar salad to fajita chicken wraps. In addition, Mav’s provides a small open buffet equip with salad, soup, and other snacks to keep students satisfied while waiting for their food. After ordering, students are delivered their food like a true restaurant-style eating venue.

Chick-fil-A
Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A

“I like Chick-fil-A because the food is always hot and fresh, and the service is fast.” – Ashley Hill, business management sophomore

The Chick-fil-A on campus provides a familiar and quick dining option. Made up of a menu of various chicken centered meals, Chick-fil-A remains a favorite among the students. Its quickness and convenience allow students to have an easy option during a time crunch.

Burrito Bowl
Burrito Bowl

Burrito Bowl

“I like eating Burrito Bowl because it’s one of the healthier options. I can mix and match any of the ingredients and still create a wholesome meal.” – Senna Garcia, chemistry freshman

Burrito Bowl is assembly line style dining that allows students to create their own meal based on their personal preferences. Burrito Bowl prides itself on having fresh, healthy ingredients. This allows students to create nutritious meals catered exactly to their own liking.

Grill Nation
Grill Nation

Grill Nation

“Amber is hands down one of the best chefs on campus. She makes every grill nation burger with love. Grill nation wouldn’t be the same without her presence on campus.” – Anthony Onwuegbuchu, mechanical engineering junior

Grill Nation is not only home to some of campus’ favorite comfort food, but also some of its favorite staff as well. Grill Nation offers meal options ranging from cheeseburgers to breakfast sandwiches. Students can use their meal swipe to purchase breakfast sandwiches, burgers and burritos.

Einstein Bros Bagels
Einstein Bros Bagels

Einstein Bros Bagels

“I love going to Einstein’s not only because the quality and taste of the food, but the people who work there are just as great. Every time I go to Einstein’s I’m greeted by smiles and positivity. The food is always so good, and the meal gives me energy for the rest of the day.” ‑Avery Lewis, elementary education junior

Einstein Bros Bagels is another chain restaurant on campus.  Located in the Dillard Business Hall, Einstein’s is a breakfast and lunch option for students looking for a quick and easy meal. In addition to its freshly made bagel sandwiches, Einstein’s has several grab-and-go options such as yogurt parfaits and fruit cups. Here, students can use their meal swipes in exchange for pre-selected sandwiches.

The Market (Legacy Commons)
The Market (Legacy Commons)

The Market (Legacy Commons) 

The Market, located in the Legacy Commons and We Proudly Serve, located in Moffett Library are two places on campus where students can purchase items using their flex dollars. The Market is stocked with snack items and drinks for students looking for something small. On average, over 50 students make purchases at The Market each day. It is a convenient and easily accessible utility for those living on campus and without cars.

We Proudly Serve (Starbucks)
We Proudly Serve (Starbucks)

We Proudly Serve (Starbucks)

“I like going to the Starbucks on campus because it’s nice to have something to sip on in class or while we’re studying. Plus, we can use our flex dollars.”‑Avery Amador, nursing freshman

We Proudly Serve operates as an on-campus Starbucks. Here students can purchase coffee, tea, and other items from the Starbucks menu.