Connecting with the community

OUR VIEW: We love to get involved with our community and would love for you to participate in what your community is reading.

As a student-led paper, the staff wants to get connected with our community and peers. We want our community to be able to read about you, stories that may inspire your classmates, your roommates and your peers to step out of their comfort zones and to try something new.

To accomplish this goal, we are starting a new series: “A Day in the Life.” This series is about you, our readers, getting the chance to tell your story and communicate with your peers.

For example, this week we started with a profile of Hagen Northcutt in a story by Luke Bryant. We want more stories like that, profiling students arond campus with stories to tell. Everyone has a story to tell.

We want this to be a way to bond with our readers and give you a chance at some spotlight. A day in the life is going to be series completely dedicated to the students here on campus who would like to be known or shed a little light on their day to day experiences. This will also give students a platform to express themselves and even give some information to other students on campus. Students from all walks of life are welcome to come share their experiences.

If you feel like you or someone you knows has a story that is worth hearing, we would love to write about it.

CONTACT US