• M

MeOct 14, 2017 at 6:51 PM

First off congratulations on your trip to the United States! I am blessed beyond words to go to a culturally diverse school because I learn more and more every day not only about peoples cultures and where they are from but I also learn how to respect those that are different from me. ^For those of you who do not see how he is African then you should think about signing up for the Human Diversities class (taught by a wonderful black professor). I am very offended by the comment above. I hope that someday you “can wrap your head around” the fact that he is African and respect that.

Reply
  • J

JillOct 12, 2017 at 10:11 PM

I am proud to say I know Joshua he is truely an inspiration to one and all. Thank you america for welcoming him in your country and giving him s future

Reply
  • E

EnOct 12, 2017 at 4:19 PM

What an elegantly written piece. Very proud of the way you chose to educate others. In our wonderful country if your color hue is different than your neighbor, you are asked outlandish questions. Taking the time to educate others using intelligience, patience, candor, and wit can offer healing and understanding.

Reply
  • A

AneleOct 12, 2017 at 3:00 AM

When I see a white guy call himself African I always want to throw up inside….

So many people are yet to wrap their heads around this fact…. That you live with us doesn’t make you one of us

Reply
    • A

AmyOct 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Is your comment meant to be facetious? Perhaps I’m not understanding what you’re trying to communicate. Can you please elaborate?

Reply
    • D

DamianOct 13, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Was he not born in Africa? So how is he, by extension, NOT African? You’re just as much of a bigot as the ones who broadly paint Africa as a place without modern conveniences, plagued with famine and human trafficking. I’m not sure what YOUR metric for being authentically African is, but her certainly does in my book, and I’m as black as the Caribbean soil my house sits on.

Reply
Activate Search
‘If you’re from Africa, why are you white?’