Kappa Alpha Order suspension lifted

Kara McIntyre

Hunter Wolf, a Kappa Alpha member and a biology sophomore, and Tristen Cunningham, management information systems freshman, perform a dance to “Fergalicious” by Fergie at the Mr. MSU Male Pageant in D.L. Ligon Coliseum. Entry required a package of diapers for entry, April 14, 2015. File photo by Francisco Martinez

Kappa Alpha Order fraternity inducted nine men into the Gamma Omega chapter, but by Monday, Sept. 18, they were suspended by the national office for rules infractions, according to Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Keith Lamb.

“This was not a university-sanctioned suspension,” Lamb said. “KA nationals made the call.”

Jesse Lyons, assistant executive director for advancement for Kappa Alpha Order, said nationals lifted the chapter’s suspension earlier this afternoon.

“They were previously under investigation for an occurrence that both nationals and the university found to be untrue,” Lyons said. “They are not on suspension and are in good standing.”

Mario Ramirez, Greek life adviser and assistant director of student development and orientation, declined to comment.

In a previous version of this article, we reported the Gamma Omega chapter as suspended. They are no longer under suspension and we apologize for any confusion.

RELATED: 

Kappa Alpha and Chi Omega hold toy drive for Cook Children’s

Kappa Alpha Order wins Greek League championship

Alpha Phi, Kappa Alpha Order cookout a success overall

About the Writer
Kara McIntyre, Copy Editor

Kara McIntyre is a copy editor for The Wichitan. She is mass communication senior graduating in May. She’s been involved with newspaper since her sophomore year in high school, where she served as sports editor and assistant editor-in-chief. She started working for The Wichitan after taking Dr. Wilson’s media reporting and writing class, serving as managing editor for one semester before taking over as editor in fall 2016 until December 2017. She was also the director of career and personal development in Chi Omega sorority, where she’s been a member for the last three years and fulfilled two other leadership positions — director of public relations and director of community service. Her areas of interest include investigative reporting, journalism, reading, Netflix and loving all the dogs in the world.