Comments (2)

All The Wichitan Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• C

concerned readerFeb 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Okay. I have a few concerns.

1. Please, please, please, EDIT YOUR STUFF. At the very least, PROOFREAD. If you can’t even spare the time to do that, surely you can spare the effort to run spell check. I’m pretty sure every spell checker in the world would catch “differNETly.” As far as the bad grammar and weak sentence constructions go, eliminating some of your passive constructions would bring about a HUGE improvement (four out of the first five sentences are passive. I’m no English professor, but that seems like a lot).

3. I’m not a journalism major, but I do read plenty of newspapers and magazines, and I haven’t read very many op-ed pieces that don’t introduce some sort of opinion (op?) within the first couple of paragraphs. Maybe I’m out of line and this is how these things are supposed to look (hey, everyone makes mistakes!), but I really think this piece could benefit from a LOT more op-ness.

I do LOVE the website, though, and enjoy most of the stories both online and in print. Y’all are doing good work and print important stories, but a little bit more polish before you publish (either online or in print) would go a LONG way in making The Wichitan appear more credible.

Reply
    • C

concerned readerFeb 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

And I need to proofread, too! LOL. Apparently I’m like Rick Perry and can’t accurately count to 3. Oops!

Reply
Activate Search
A strong economy for peace