‘Bone Yard’ trombones perform tonight

Eddie Miller

Austin Glenn, music education freshman, and Makayla Scott, music education freshman, practice at The Bone Yard Jazz Trombone Ensemble rehearsal for An Evening of Jazz and Pop Music Tuesday afternoon. The performance was in Akin Auditorium Nov. 18. Makayla Scott, music education freshman, said, "If you want to hear rock and jazz performed for free come and listen." Photo by Lauren Roberts

Austin Glenn, music education freshman, and Makayla Scott, music education freshman, practice at The Bone Yard Jazz Trombone Ensemble rehearsal for An Evening of Jazz and Pop Music Tuesday afternoon. The performance was in Akin Auditorium Nov. 18. Makayla Scott, music education freshman, said, “If you want to hear rock and jazz performed for free come and listen.” Photo by Lauren Roberts

WHO: The Bone Yard (Austin Glenn, Matt Crockett, James Ivey, Adam McGee, Justin Pruett, Makayla Scott, Jordan Willett, Trey McLaughlin, Zahra Lake and Alan Black, instructor)

SONGS: “Chameleon,” “Soul Bossa Nova,” “Fly Me to the Moon,” “Green Onions,” “Surfer Girl,” “Get Lucky,” “Get Ready,” “Autumn Leaves,” “Born to be Wild,” and “25 or 6 to 4”

WHEN: Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2014

WHERE: Akin Auditorium

WHY:

• “We are a growing music program bringing in a new style,” Austin Glenn, music education freshman
  • “With the music we chose: modern rock and pop, everyone should be able to know a couple songs which will make the experience enjoyable,” Matt Crockett, music education freshman.
  • “We want a fresh audience,” Jordan Willett, music education freshman