Students plan to spend break working, doing homework

Students around campus all had plans for spring break. It may be staying here to catch up on sleep or going home to spend time with their families but students are ready for the break.

Austin Masterson
Austin Masterson

Austin Masterson, history freshman|“I’m going to chill here on campus for the spring break. I’m from Wichita falls so I going to go on home and spend time with my family because their taking some time off. I’ve been trying to live on campus so I can be closer to them.”

Tariq Pratt
Tariq Pratt

Tariq Pratt, mechanical engineering sophomore | “I’m just going to throw a little party, a simple grill-out, with a few of my friends Mustangs village. I think it’s important to unwind from school, that’s why we have spring break. I’m trying.”

Izzy Israel
Izzy Israel

Izzy Israel, graphic design junior | “My plans for spring break are to work, sleep, and do more work because I’m stressed out right now. Spring break is the only time I can use to rest. I’m going to be taking pictures over spring break because I’m a photographer.”

esperanza gonzales jimenez
Esperanza Gonzales Jimenez

Esperanza Gonzales Jimenez, social work sophomore |“For spring break I’m going back home to Fort Worth and work. I need to pay for my car that broke down. I’ll probably go around, find new places to eat, and explore.”

macy hogue
Macy Hogue

Macy Hogue, history and sociology sophomore | “For spring break I am mostly working at my dad’s business but I am also going to San Marcos for the last weekend of spring break with my boyfriend and his friends.”

Jaye Surles
Jaye Surles

Jaye Surles business freshman | “For spring break I’m going to South Padre for a mission trip with the BSM (Baptist Student Ministry). We are going to one of the main clubs and driving people who are too drunk to drive back from the club and giving them pancakes to help sober them up.”

Luz Maria Garcia
Luz Maria Garcia

Luz Maria Garcia, nursing sophomore |  Maria works at the Southwest Nursing Home and plans to work throughout the break. She said she enjoys working at the nursing home because she wants to be a nurse and likes to make the patients “feel like they’re at home.”

Jose Soto
Jose Soto

Jose Soto, computer science freshman | “I plan on sleeping. It’s getting close to midterms, and I have an exam after the break.”

Iansha Henry
Iansha Henry

Iansha Henry, accounting junior | “I will be sleeping in during spring break, I m tired from taking classes. I will also be going to the gym. I am taking a break from school while on spring break because I’m just tired of taking classes so most of my time will be spent sleeping.”

Almira Lewis
Almira Lewis

Almira Lewis, global studies, Spanish junior | “I will be staying on campus during spring break, I wish I could go home. Instead, I will be catching up with assignments, sleeping, and spending time with friends. Maybe checking out some places in town I have not visited. I heard there was a bowling alley in town. I will find something to do here in town for spring break, but I wish I could have gone home.”

Victoria Menzies
Victoria Menzies

Victoria Menzies, psychology, sociology junior | “For spring break I will be going back home to Eastland, Texas to be with my family. I don’t have any big plans with my family. I will just be working on homework for my classes, mainly my age, death and dying class.”

Dominique Newton
Dominique Newton

Dominique Newton, nursing senior | “I can’t go home to the Caribbean or to New York where my parents are because it’s too far away. Instead, I’m just going to stay here and study for my nursing classes to try to get ahead. Being a nursing major is tough, and I want to use this time to my advantage.”

Shavannah Schreiber
Savannah Schreiber

Savannah Schreiber, education sophomore | “I am going home to Saginaw, Texas, to see family, then coming back to work. I miss my family and I am going to able to relax. I work at Mardels, to earn a bit of extra money. I enjoy working because of the people I work with.”

Sam Koone
Sam Koone

Sam Koone, environmental science, freshman | “I am going home to Amarillo and having two friends come with me. I am going to show them around my home town. We are going to go hiking, and shopping at antique stores. We are going to hang out, and just have a good time. We love nature so we are going to see a big canyon near Amarillo because it’s super cool and beautiful.”