Buy a ticket for short stacks for a tall cause

This Saturday at Applebee’s there will be a group gathered in friendship, eating pancakes and knowing they are supporting a great cause, the food pantry.

“We are trying to raise money for the food pantry, The Mustangs Pantry the one we have here on campus,” Cynthia Cummings, Clark Student Center special events coordinator said.

This is one of the few fundraisers that the food pantry staff is putting on and the money is being used to purchase more food for the pantry.

“All the money we raise will go to purchasing food for the pantry,” Cummings said. “When we work with Applebee’s we sell the tickets for eight dollars and out of that eight dollars, Applebee’s gives us four out of that eight dollars. It’s quite a bit … 50 percent is huge.”

Cummings said volunteers are also serving in this effort.

“We have a lot of volunteers that are coming to run the event. We actually wait the tables, clear the tables and wash the dishes,” Cummings said.

She is still looking to sell more tickets before Saturday. The goal is 300 at the least, and she is staying positive.

“I am hoping we will get to sell 300 tickets right now. We still have a little bit of time so I am hoping we get more,” Cummings said.

Cummings said she wants people to come out and support this event because, in the end, it helps the students who are less fortunate get what they need.

“It’s going for a good cause and helping their brothers and sisters here on campus to be able to eat when they can’t afford it. It’s a huge thing to help somebody, help your neighbors be able to get some food,” Cummings said.

This is important because if students get the food they need, the work that has to be done gets done.

“Getting food is important so that they can continue with their school work and focus on school,” Cummings said.

Fraternities take to the streets to help sell tickets. Caleb Kiser, marketing sophomore, said he wants people to know that it is only $8 for unlimited pancakes and it will be a lot of fun.

“It’s a good time to come out and meet new people,” Kiser said.

Kiser does this because he loves helping out and building up the community around him.

“I am doing it because I love helping out, and it is a good way to represent MSU. In the end, it is one of the best ways to give back to the community,” Kiser said.