150 students attend Senior Walk

Clara Ukwitegyetse

Finance, economics, and biology seniors; Ben, Ron and Jacob Pierce discuss their next moves at the 2018 Senior Walk gathering.

Chatter and anticipation from future graduates filled the Clark Student Center Atrium. About 150 graduates along side faculty and staff members attended Senior Walk on November 7, 2018. This is a new tradition, which started in the spring 2018 semester to give a brief congratulations to graduates and celebrate their journey as students. James Johnston, provost and vice president for academic affairs, and Shunta McFadden alumni association president both gave remarks.

Attendee Comments:

“It feels surreal to be graduating, honestly. I don’t think it’ll seem real to me until I cross the stage next weekend. Enjoy your time here as much as possible! You’ll miss these days one day. The days and weeks are long but the years fly by, believe it or not.” | Robin Reid, mass communication graduate

“It feels pretty incredible, I’m just worried about getting a job.” | Madison Van Arsdale, economics graduate 

“It feels amazing like it’s been a long time coming. It was hard, it was tiresome, all these sleepless nights but, you know I made it and I’m proud of myself.”| Ashley Williams, nursing graduate

“It’s been really good. It’s been a long road like she (Ashley Williams) said. It kinda actually feels unreal. I think until graduation day it’ll be a lot better, meaning like the actual feeling of graduation’s gonna be there. Right now it’s like ‘Hey, we’re graduating.’ but [it hasn’t sunk in yet]” | Victoria Estrada education 4-8 math graduate

“It’s really exciting I really can’t even believe it though. It’s taken so much work to get here and it just feels so surreal like I can’t even believe that it’s happening and I’m just glad to be here honestly. I have a job lined up here in Wichita Falls, Hager Communications. It’s an advertising agency downtown so I’ll be doing like creative campaigns and stuff and creative writing so I’m exciting for that.” | Bailee Russell, Mass Communication graduate