• W

we need more parkingMay 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Instead of talking to the regents and the neighbors, ask the students. We need more parking. period.
    They say it will take away green space which appeals to the campus, but they dont think how ugly a parking garage would be in the middle of campus. There is no location to put one so lets be honest, and they dont think about the time it would take to build one which means when and if they ever did, it would take away that many spots while in construction. Also, if you want to talk about trees being cut down, think of how many times MSU plants trees through out the campus so the home owners argument is weak. Finally, why would we keep a run down un-used house and soon to be police station there just to please indiviudals who did not attend our university? I get that your daughter apparently goes here, but why would you complain that she parks at your house which is on campus?

Reply
  • J

JMay 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM

It’s easy to advocate for a green space when it’s the lot right next to you. The fact is they chose to live where they do. You can live in a college town and not live a couple lots away from campus. Anyone with part of a functioning brain can realize as a campus expands the first people to be affected are those that live closest to campus. If you choose to live this close to campus don’t complain when the campus expands closer to you even if it’s a parking lot (which is sorely needed).

Reply
Activate Search
New parking lot upsets homeowners