Construction workers continue to lay the foundation for the basement level of the new Health and Sciences building going up between Louis J. Rodriguez and Hampstead.

Construction workers continue to lay the foundation for the basement level of the new Health and Sciences building going up between Louis J. Rodriguez and Hampstead. "My hope would be that we actually start moving into the new building around the middle of June of 2019", says Associate Vice President of Facilities Services Kyle Owen. Photo by Jacob Smith.

Summer news: Campus continues to evolve

June 7, 2018

After about 6,000 students packed up and left in mid-May, campus officials quickly took to re-paving parking lots, working on the new health sciences building, preparing for summer orientation and, well, teaching summer classes. Watch this story for all the things you’ve been missing while away for the summer. Oh, and did you see that $2 off coupon in the summer print edition?

PRODUCED THANKS TO OUR ADVERTISERS
First Bank
Student Affairs
Frank & Joe’s Coffee House
American National Bank and Trust
Sports Clips
Balance Studio

JUNE 7

inside classroom

One of the new laboratory classrooms in the Flower Mound facility.

JUNE 6

Take a tour of the new Flower Mound facility with Channel 6, KAUZ, and Midwestern State University graduate Samantha Forester.

JUNE 6

The new MSU Texas student learning center in Flower Mound is officially open. The new campus was filled Wednesday morning with officials from MSU Texas, North Central Texas College, and Flower Mound city leaders as they celebrated a partnership that will bring more educational opportunities to students.

See the grand-opening with Channel 6, KAUZ

JUNE 6
The new Flower Found campus is the culmination of years of work between both Midwestern State University and North Central Texas College to expand higher education opportunities.

MAY 31

Midwestern State University named nine students, including three from Wichita Falls, as recipients of the Jane and Peyton Carnes President’s Distinguished Scholarships. Each will receive $28,000 over four years of undergraduate study.

MAY 15
Midwestern State recently named Valerie Armstrong as its ninth head volleyball coach replacing Natalie Burton
READ Times Record News story.

construction

Construction workers continue to lay the foundation for the basement level of the new Health and Sciences building going up between Louis J. Rodriguez and Hampstead. “My hope would be that we actually start moving into the new building around the middle of June of 2019”, says Associate Vice President of Facilities Services Kyle Owen. Photo by Jacob Smith.

MAY 10

Sixty trucks were ready to go Thursday at Midwestern State University as concrete was poured for the first floor of the Gunn College of Health Sciences building. Read the story by Channel 6.

MAY 2
After teaching American History on the university level for 51 ½ years, the past 47 at Midwestern State University, Dr. Everett Kindig will retire next week at the end of the spring semester.

The Wichitan • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in