• M

MattMay 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM

As a former student of Midwestern State University, a lifelong resident of the Wichita Falls area and small business owner in the field of journalism and mass communication, I believe it is time for Ms. Minden to escape from “Bubba-Land.”

It is a sad day when someone in Ms. Minden’s position must resort to derogatory terminology when referring to the residents of a city.

Reply
  • G

GeorgeMay 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM

It is so interesting that those who demand tolerance of others are the least tolerant when their perverted view of marriage is challenged. Critical thinking demands open debate on both sides of an issue. Of course when folks like Elizabeth Minden have closed their minds to “critical examination and logical thinking,” except when the debate is in the confines of their own ideology, then they resort to name calling and character assassination in a vain attempt to silence the opposition. Such tactics only shows the weakness of their own argument and their inability to articulate their own position. Besides, it is interesting that in gay relationships (i.e. same sex- marriage) one of the partners assumes a more feminine submissive role while the other partner assumes a more masculine dominate role. This really shows that God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman. The gay community has perverted that. In more common sense reasoning, nothing is held together by two nuts; a bolt (the male counterpart) is always required. It doesn’t take a lot of “critical thinking” to accept that reality. The world needs a whole lot more Ben Carsons who are willing to speak the truth and not bow to the politically correct progressive elites who seek to kidnap our academic institutions. Wichita Falls and MSU ought to be very grateful to have a man of Dr. Carson’s impeccable character to come and address our community.

Reply
  • J

JeanneMay 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM

It’ s sad that the state’ s universities are so skimpily funded by the legislature that university presidents can become overly beholden to donors. One of MSU’ s donors made the news for flying his flag at half mast when Obama was re- elected. Could this be the one who wants to bring Carson to town?

Reply
Activate Search
President encouraged to disengage Carson’s services as keynote speaker