• AnonymousMar 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Students probably wouldn’t actually be worried about the increase in costs, if the quality of the food would match it. I understand that it is all you can eat style buffett, and a lot of students do have multiple plates, but that’s usually one can get a plate of “casserole surprise” take one bite and opt for the ever so safe ham sandwich. Speaking from my experience as student, the cafeteria has always been mediocre at best, and the faculty have constantly turned a blind eye to it. Those that pretend to be concerned deflect complaints by saying that it’s not bad, and students will always complain and whine about something. The faculty can sleep guilt-free at nights because they have the option of a $4 lunch on Friday afternoons, so they only have to eat the swill once a week, and so that’s why it isn’t that bad for them. Whereas students that live in the dorms have to eat it at least lunch and dinner. So I would like to challenge the faculty that claim the cafeteria is perfectly fine to eat in there just as much as a regular student. It won’t happen though because the country club has a lunch buffet for 7 dollars that serves chef-prepared cuisine. Funny that Aramark wants to charge us more than the country club lunch buffett.

Reply
Activate Search
Students hit with rising dining prices in the café