UPDATED Oct. 11, 2016
The Wichitan is an affordable way for local and national merchants to reach a wide market. Our readership includes high school and college students, teachers, professors and faculty, military personnel and local residents. To learn more about Midwestern State University, CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE to download advertising contract in PDF form.
CLICK HERE to download publication schedule in PDF form.
Print Advertising Rates
- Back page — $400
- Full page — $300
10.33 in x 10.33 in (62p0 x 62p0)
- Half page — $175
10.33 in x 5 in (62p0 x 30p)
- Quarter page — $90
5 in x 5 in (30p0 x 30p0)
- Eighth page — $50
5in x 2.5 in (30p0 x 15p)
- Banner — $50
- Page 1 banner — $200
10.33 in x 1.25 in (62p0 x 7p6)
- Inserts — $175
for 1,000 inserts delivered on-site to the printer (Times Record News, 1301 Lamar St., Wichita Falls, TX 76301 | 940-767-8341)
- Color — $45
* indicates CMYK, four-color included
- Unusually difficult or time-consuming work will be billed at rate of $25/hour.
Online Advertising Rates
- Banner — $30/week
600px x 200px
- Block — $45/month
300px x 250px
2016-2017 Production Dates
The Wichitan publishes 14 regular editions in the fall semester and 15 regular editions in the spring semester for a total of 29 editions. The students send the papers to press on Tuesday evening and 1,000 copies are distributed to approximately 25 points around campus Wednesday morning before noon.
The students update the online edition of the paper, thewichitan.com, regularly, even on days and in weeks when the paper does not publish. * indicates special issues or special supplements.
- August: 26*, 31
- September: 7, 14, 21, 28
- October: 5, 12, 19, 26
- November: 2, 9, 16, 30
- December: 7
- January: 18, 25
- February: 1, 8, 15, 22
- March: 1, 8, 22, 29
- April: 5, 19, 26
- May: 3
Campus Watch produces news stories when school is in session. In addition to being published online independently, many of these news packages are embedded into news stories on The Wichitan’s website.
CLICK HERE to view the official university calendar.
FALL SEMESTER 2016
- Student orientation, advising and registration | Jan. 13-14
- Classes begin | Aug. 29
- Labor Day observed, no class | Sept. 5
- Student Organization Fair | Sept. 6
- Thanksgiving break | Nov. 22-27
- Last day of classes | Dec. 9
- Commencement | Dec. 17
- Advertising copy is subject to the approval of The Wichitan staff. The student editor may refuse any advertisement.
- All ads require a signed contract. Verbal agreements, promises or waivers of any nature not contained on the signed contract shall not be binding.
- The Wichitan shall not be responsible for incorrect copy submitted or approved by the advertiser or for copy submitted or approved after the deadline.
- Position/page requests will be honored when possible, but not guaranteed.
- Advertisements having the appearance of a news article must have the words “paid advertisement” printed above them.
- All ads must be bordered.
- All invoices must be paid in full on or before the end of the month following receipt of the invoice.
- New advertisers may be required to pay in advance. The faculty adviser may extend credit privileges for new accounts after review with the business manager.
- Any advertiser with a balance more than 90 days due shall be required to pay in advance for any subsequent ads until the balance is paid in full.
- All political ads must be paid for in advance and must conform to all appropriate election laws and guidelines.
- Ads are due at noon the Friday prior to publication.
- Online ads are due 48 hour prior to publication.
- Ads canceled after the deadline may be subject to a 50 percent cancellation charge.
- Ads received after the deadline may not be proofed and The Wichitan shall not be held responsible for errors.
$175 — For 1,000 inserts, delivered on-site to the printer
Times Record News
1301 Lamar St.
Wichita Falls, TX 76310
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone | (940) 397 – 4704
Fax | (940) 397 – 4025
Midwestern State University
3410 Taft Blvd.
Wichita Falls, TX 76308