• H

HkNov 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I agree and disagree in part. I personaly don’t think slutting it up on halloween is beneficial for women. Perhaps if you did it merely for fun but most of the girls who I know do it and say it is their one time of year to be sexy and attractive. Like you can’t be sexy and attractive in anything but the skimpiest lingerie. And then the competitve out hoein each other. But The straight men, bi and gay girls enjoy it ;). And saying this doesnt mean I don’t dress sexy it just means i think it has gone overboard and isn’t helping women.

The candy thing is a hard one. I too hate that we are trapped into handing out junk food in order to avoid egging. I ha a family member go away over halloween. They didn’t have a garage so one of their vehicles was left in the driveway. A friend did a couple of drivebys that night to check on things but in between one the house was egged and his car keyed. They may have been just mischief makers or they could have thought the owner was in bed instead of handing out candy.

I don’t hate junk food. I took my daughter who is three trick or treating. We went to a small mall where she got about a jar of candy. I give her one piece a day. So you can have moderation in Halloween but it is up to the parent. And I think most parent’s say “oh it is just once a year” a good saying for staying up late or other things but not so good when it comes to downing garbage bag of candy in a day.

Reply
  • L

LisaNov 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Are you stupid? You talk about setting an example, but that you live to whore it up on Halloween. What kind of example does that set or kids? I would say that rape is a little more detrimental to health than a Snickers bar.
    When it comes down to it, parents need to teach moderation to their children, both in how much candy they eat, and in how much of their body they show to strangers. But I would rather have an overweight child than a teenage daughter raped, beaten, and dead in a ditch.

Reply
    • C

Cansu BradfordNov 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM

THANK YOU!

Reply
Activate Search
Halloween sends the wrong message to children