• K

KennyMar 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM

Wow the people commenting on here, have no idea what they’re talking about. “The internet and people told me that pitbull bad.” I’ve owned and still do own several of the “fighting breeds” mentioned and not a single one ever harmed anyone, even in to ripe old age. I’ve known so many people that’ve raised pitbulls to not be aggressive, even after pitbull fighters stole their dog, took it to Oklahoma, tortured it, got busted, they got it back and was still sweet as can be, just afraid of strangers for a while…naturally after a tramatic experience. White supremacists used to and still so say that black people are “genetically prone to aggression.” If you still think like a white supremacist towards pits then maybe they’re right to be aggressive towards you. They sense you would have them killed at a seconds notice and it scares them.

Reply
  • C

Concerned_CitizenMar 1, 2017 at 10:11 PM

This article is so full of inaccuracies it’s astounding. Pit bulls were NEVER babysitters for children! That old “nanny dog” myth started with a breeder in the 1970s.

Their negative reputation is deserved as they kill more than any other dogs (they kill other dogs, cats, horses, humans–you name it). Sure, some are sweet. But unfortunately many that were well-raised from puppyhood and formerly-sweet have killed a human, even at the age of 8 or 10 after never showing a single sign of aggression in their entire lives.

Dog fighters don’t train them to fight; it comes naturally through centuries of selective breeding for that very purpose. I’ve seen YouTube videos of very young pit bull puppies fighting each other.

Please stop repeating these lies that are getting people and their pets killed daily!

Reply
  • K

KaDFeb 22, 2017 at 4:27 PM

WRONG. Pit bull are mostly a reflection of their centuries of BREEDING to be the ultimate canine killing machine. That’s where the name comes from- they were thrown in a PIT with a BULL and expected to kill it. For the past 30 years the number ONE determinant of a dogs propensity to do serious or FATAL damage has been BREED, not how the dog was raised or treated. In almost every pit bull attack, the dog was lovingly raised from a puppy, never abused or mistreated, and the owners were SO shocked because up until that moment they swore their dog was different, their dog would NEVER.
    In the words of one of the FOUNDERS of pit bull advocacy: DIANE JESSUP, pit bull expert, breeder, former ACO
    “Jessup, the animal control officer in Olympia, uses two pit bulls to train police and animal control officers on surviving dogs attacks.
    Unlike dogs who are nippers and rippers, her pit bulls are typically “grippers” who bite down and hang onto their victims.”

Jessup believes that much of dog behavior comes from their genes. “I truly believe that a dog is about 90% genetics,” says Jessup.
    on protection sports
    This difference in “sheepdog versus bulldog” mentality in a trainer is best understood when training the “out!” or release command. It is common practice for those training shepherds and sheepdog types to use force such as hard leash corrections or electric shock to get the dog to release the sleeve. Sadly, I had one young man come to me because a club trainer was slugging his little Am Staff bitch in the nose, till she bled, trying to get her to release the sleeve. She would not! And of course she would not! She was a good little bulldog, hanging on for dear life, just as her bull and bear baiting ancestors of old did. She was a super little gripping dog, who took the pain she experienced as just “part of the job” once her owner set her upon the sleeve. And this is the response from well bred pit bulldogs—to ignore pain while gripping.

Reply
    • A

A PITBULL OWNERApr 1, 2017 at 10:23 AM

You have no idea what you are talking about, you can’t judge a breed especially if you never had A Pitbull. First off they were breed to hunt which is where they got their strong jaws to hold on till their owner came, so the aggressive nature comes from years of back breeeding to get the right bloodline. And you are saying Pitbulls are the only breed that attack, Any dog will attack if they feel threatened.

Reply
Activate Search
Pit bulls ‘a reflection of their environment’