• F

FormerGreekGirlMay 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

They just don’t want to be called out because they know that if someone dug deeper into their “mixers” or their “socials”, all a viewer would see is the stereotypical image of Greek Life. Now, I don’t have any experience with the multicultural organizations, but when I was in, the NPC sororities were a sorry sight.

Reply
  • M

MichaelMay 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

FormerGreekGirl, you are my new hero(ine).

I can’t believe all these whiners. “Oh boo hoo! The big bad Wichitan is picking on us again. They’re soooo mean!! They’re soooo negative!! Why won’t they be more positive??!!! WAAAAAHHHHH!!!”

Seriously, STFU, babies.

Reply
  • F

FormerGreekGirlMay 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I strongly believe that The Wichitan does a splendid job of reporting the news that takes place on the MSU campus, especially where the Greek System is concerned. I used to be a member of one of the Panhellenic Counsel Sororities on campus, and I must say, I’m glad that I’m out! If only outsiders knew what took place at the parties: two girls I know where drugged and date-raped by a Fraternity member, and it was common knowledge that this man had a habit of drugging girls. The older sisters told us “Don’t go upstairs with him. Don’t take drinks from anyone but us.”

It’s really a shame that the Greek community isn’t called out on its true colors more often!!

Great job, Wichitan!

Reply
  • S

Sara Jean RobertsMay 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM

*comment

Reply
  • R

respectonlyrealstoriesMay 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Once again The Wichitan is dragging the Greek system into a negative article because you have nothing else to write about – find a new organization to bully. You can defend your actions on writing negatives articles all you want, but people DO enjoy reading positive and inspiring stories.

Reply
  • W

worthlessMay 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Your story once again proves the Wichitan to be worthless. There is absolutly no attempt to put any effort into defending your paper. I for one would love to hear about how Chi Omega has raised what is now probably over $50,000 for Make A Wish. That is important to the readers, We want to know the great things that are being accomplished by our fellow classmates. I would rather read about our alumni and our classmates then articles over why you think a movie is good, or what make up is best. Sure, it is important to know some of the negative things about our school such as events like the Harvey House inncident, but I think the Wichitan is going overboard on trying to pull the rug out on administration, especially Dr. Rogers. The Wichitan should still have the respect for our President and realize that if it wasnt for his dedication and hard work for MSU, things such as the Wichitan wouldnt exsist. I get that drama sales, but so does positivity…

You put “But, personally, I think everyone has room to improve. Including me.” What is the Wichitan going to do to improve? You seem to understand that most of the student body is starting to consider your paper to be garbage, now is the time to make those improvements before you have a new batch of MSU students in the fall who will fall into the bad rep that the Wichitan has started getting. And as you know since you seem to report on bad reps all the time, it is hard to get rid of… so now is the time to make those changes.

Reply
    • S

Sara Jean RobertsMay 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM

The Wichitan does a terrific job of reporting news and that is the role of media. Hence, your unintelligent comments is out of place.

Reply
      • W

worthlessMay 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Sara:
        I would love to see the Wichitan acutally write a story that has some significant type of encouragment and postive aspect among the MSU Community. The only thing good that the Wichitan does, is point out the negativity. I know that Mass Comm does not just teach to be a Debby Downer but that is the impression everyone has of them. That is the impression that they will continue to have until they start being reporters who knows how to be unbias towards situations and quit being a negative corespondant of my university. Just an FYI, i wrote an article for the Wichitan once and it was denied because it was said to be “postive and I dont think student want to hear good things, they like negative”. That was an exact quote. The role of media is to conduct ALL types of stories not just negative personal attacks.

Reply
        • S

Sara Jean RobertsMay 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Worthless:
          I apologize that your article on “puppy-dog tails” was overlooked even though I’m certain the staff had a decent reason not to run it. Still, the awesome Wichitan has published numerous positive articles about the MSU community such as Relay For Life, Great Day of Service, Habitat for Humanity, Sikes Lake cleanup above others. Maybe you should actually read the newspaper more often and thoroughly instead of crying of spilled Greek milk. Okay?

Reply
  • A

alumnusMay 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

The title of this editorial should be 19 Questions. Without the questions listed, it would have been very short indeed. This is a lazy attempt at commentary of a dead-horse topic.

Reply
Activate Search
Newspapers are fueled by what the patrons want to read